Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Breakfast Heaven

Sorry I didn't get this post up yesterday. I'm only a day late, right? So, one of the first things I have changed in my diet this year is BREAKFAST!! Before I was ending up eating donuts at work if they had them, a granola bar and an apple if I had them or just skipping, not the best of choices. Granted the second option wasn't horrible but my goal is to get as fresh and healthy as I can. So, I'm starting the recipes with what I start my day with- A SMOOTHIE! I used to think drinking anything for a meal would leave me unsatisfied and hungry within 20 min. However, this smoothie will leave you wanting more but only because it's AMAZINGLY DELICIOUS!!! So here goes -


Breakfast Smoothie

1/3 cup Berry Bonanza Juice (You could use any purple juice here - grape, acai,or any other 100% Juice)
1/3 light soy milk
2.5 oz frozen strawberries
2.5 oz frozen blueberries
2.5 oz frozen mango chunks
2.5 oz frozen bananas
Blend and drink!


So here are a few helpful hints that will help so much. When you go to the grocery store go ahead and buy the cheap ripe bundle of bananas. When you get home go ahead and peel, cut in half, throw in ziploc baggies and toss in the freezer. Half a banana is a little under 2 oz. I usually just grab 3/4 of a banana for my smoothie.
Another helpful hint and one I would not skip is to throw these ingredients into your blender the night before and stick it in the fridge. This will soften your fruit enough to not kill your blender.

I really love this smoothie and I have had it every morning for the last month. It's sweet, creamy and filling. When I get up in the morning I also try to drink a glass of water as well as right before bed. This really helps cleanse your body, flush out toxins and boost the metabolism. So, drink your water...then drink your smoothie:)

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment